Here are links to the top 10 gobbets of London history we liked this week:
1. Moving a Wren tower from the Square Mile to Twickenham.
2. The man who made Soho glow.
3. Samuel Pepys at St Olave’s.
Samuel Pepys’ monument at St Olave Hart Street
4. London’s rumoured secret tunnels!
5. The sightlines of St Paul’s Cathedral
St Paul’s at dawn from New Change
6. The Blitz and bomb damage maps.
7. Two pieces from the Guildhall Library blog: Magna Carta and Surveys and plans of Victorian London’s docks and wharves.
The Magna Carta at the Guildhall
8. Experiences of the theatre
in post-Medieval London.
9. A Tudor hunting lodge on the outskirts of London
10. Housing ‘poor men‘ in Greenwich.