Here are links to the top 10 gobbets of London history we liked this week:
1. Six degrees of Francis Bacon: mapping 16th century social networks.
2. Parliament and Votes for Women.
3. How the postcode was invented in London, and some London postcode trivia.
4. Following the sad death of historian Lisa Jardine, some tributes: (1) the Guardian; (2) apollo magazine; (3) from her BBC producer; (4) another BBC tribute, including links to some of her best ‘Points of View’ eposodes; and (5) her Desert Island Discs.
5. Exhibition review: E H Shepard at war
6. St Bart’s Hospital Museum: a hidden gem with a 900 year old story to tell.
8. The Blitz: flight from the East End.