Here are links to the top 10 gobbets of London history we liked this week:
1. The London that might have been: architectural wonders (and monstrosities) that never got past the drawing board.
2. Slashing throats for 170 years: the ‘real’ Sweeney Todd.
3. As we approach the 800th Lord Mayor’s show, a video of the 1967 event...
4. …another showing just how they get the Lord Mayor’s coach out of the Museum of London…
5. …and a song about the Lord Mayor’s coachman!
7. The grizzly story of Bunhill Fields.
8. From Spitalfields Life, John Thomas Smith’s rural cottages.
10. …and finally…the Return of London’s Fog?