Sorry we’ve been quiet lately! Here are links to the top 10 gobbets of London history we’ve seen recently:
2. The first of three great pieces from Spitalfields Life: the Hackney whipping post.
3. A new post in the great ‘Unbuilt London’ series from IanVisits: straightening the River Thames
4. Zeppelins! Ian Castle’s new book examines the story of London’s First Blitz.
5. I for Novello! @thegentleauthor celebrates the Lexicography of Cockney Slang
6. They all love Jack: Busting the Ripper – P D Smith’s review of the latest Ripper book.
7. Crime Museum Uncovered by London Historians.
8. Our third Spitalfields Life piece: at the Harvest Festival of the Sea
9. When King Cholera came calling: instructions to the East End poor.
10. …and ending with a lovely painting I’d never seen before: The Last Muster: Sunday at the Royal Hospital Chelsea, 1875.