Here are links to our 10 favourite gobbets of London history this week:
1. A lovely short video about Magna Carta, narrated by Monty Python’s Terry Jones.
2. Sifting through the stories about the London Stone.
3. Primary source accounts of the trial of King Charles I.
4. How the story unfolded about the 1000 lb WW2 bomb found in Bermondsey this week.
5. Jeremy Bentham’s mummified head!
6. The Supremes in Manchester Square, 1965.
7. The creation of London’s great docks in the 19th century.
8. A short video explaining the order London’s many bridges were built in.
9. Lovely woodcuts from @thegentleauthor in John Thomas Smith’s ancient topography.
10. Before you change yours tonight, a look at London’s more unusual clocks.