Here are links to the10 gobbets of London history that we liked most this week:
1. The Victorian splendour of Highgate Cemetery.
2. New podcast from the Oxford DNB: Dennis Severs, creator of 18 Folgate Street.
3. The chapel of St Thomas-a-Becket on Old London Bridge.
4. Where the Knollys Roses grow: the lovely ‘secret garden’ of Seething Lane.
5. Just what we needed! The London Walker’s Tube Map!
6. A visit to the old church at Perivale.
7. As another Ashes series comes to a close, a look at some of The Oval’s finest moments.
8. To Hell in a handcart? A final journey revisited: Newgate to Tyburn.
9. London’s oldest public drinking fountain.
10. A walk from Lambeth Palace to Waterloo Station, using Bradshaw’s Guide.
More? If you like our weekly gobbets, you might also like some of our longer posts on London’s history: