Here are links to our top 10 gobbets of London history this week:
1. The Newgate prison executioner’s bell on show at St. Sepulchre’s church.
2. Cleopatra’s Needle: how an Egyptian obelisk ended up by the Thames.
3. The remarkable 300-year history of the equestrian statue of Charles I at Charing Cross.
4. How Thomas Cromwell helped John Stow’s father to move house.
5. Numismatic detective wizardry: unfolding Restoration London lives from trade tokens.
6. All of London’s tiny streets have a story: Crown Court, Cheapside.
7. Nuances of the Northern Line.
8. Mapping emotions in Victorian London.
9. How 173 Londoners lost their lives in the Bethnal Green tube disaster.