Here are links to the top 10 gobbets of London history we liked this week:
2. Gresham College lecture: the wonderful John Schofield waxes lyrical on the Archaeology of St Paul’s Cathedral.
3. The real site of Arthur C Clarke’s ‘Tales from the White Hart’. Thanks to @Rachel_Bedder for prompting!
4. The Berners Street Hoax
5. A gate at the Royal Exchange
6. From Foyles to Hatchards – slip between the covers of London bookshops.
7. More bookshops: the Antiquarian Bookshops of Old London.
8. Robert Hooke and the dog’s lung: animal experimentation in history.
9. A walk through King’s Cross at the turn of the Millennium.
10. Blitzed Tottenham Court Road, 1940.
If you like this, do take a look at these longer posts on London’s history: