Here are the top 10 gobbets of London history that caught our eye this week:
1. A handy decision map to London’s museums and galleries.
2. Sifting through the stories about the London Stone.
3. The remarkable story of the Coronation Chair.
4. Privatised London: the Thames Walk path that resembles a prison corridor.
5. 42 old English insults.
6. Delightful 1985 film on Spitalfields conservation.
7. Manoeuvring London’s streets in the Regency era.
8. Lee Jackson’s lovely ‘Missing London‘ photo e-book.
9. Teddy Girls in London, 1955.
10. Henry Mayhew’s street traders.
Here are the top ten gobbets of London history that caught our eye this week:
1. The hill of bones: the story of Bunhill Fields.
2. The top 20 London blue plaques for influential women.
3. Hanging pirates at Execution Dock, Wapping.
4. Fourth Plinth: goodbye Hahn, hello Gift Horse!
5. Piccadilly Circus uncovered!
6. Pancake recipes from 1769.
7. The 12 year old Elizabeth’s letter to Catherine Parr.
8. A view of London from 1860s Japan.
9. Why the world needs Collectors.
10. A London tour: Macarons & Mews!