Here are links to the top 10 gobbets of London history we saw this week:
1. Sir John Soane’s private apartments: obsessive, eccentric brilliance.
2. 18 beautiful and weird maps that will change the way you look at London.
3. With all the noise of the recent Hatton Garden heist, here’s a lovely piece by Rachel Lichtenstein on one of London’s most fascinating streets.
4. The Soho shoe shop that supplied Queen Victoria’s wedding slippers.
5. Murals and street art from 1980s London.
6. Central London’s massive unbuilt railway terminus.
7. The little mortuary at St George-in-the-East and its reincarnation as a museum.
8. Should the Euston Arch be rebuilt?
9. Francis Barber: reluctant member of Dr Johnson’s mad ménage.
10. Witanhurst: the biggest private mansion in London – but who owns it?